This tutorial works only on this ROM!
Warning: Use this procedure at your own risk and responsability. GizChina.it and GizBlog.it are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and any other problem that may occur. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
What do we need for Root our Smartisan Nut Pro 2
- Smartisan Nut Pro 2 (70% charge at least);
- PC Windows;
- root tools;
- Qualcomm drivers;
- Magisk Manager;
EDL cable for Qualcomm device:
We’ll need to enter in EDL mode (Qualcomm HS_USB QDloader 9008). If you have an EDL Cable:
- Turn off your phone;
- connect the cable;
- press the cable’s button for few seconds;
- install Qualcomm drivers;
- connect your phone to PC.
You can also use a normal USB cable, but it will be broken to enter EDL (see this tutorial).
Now your phone is in Qualcomm HS_USB QDloader 9008.
- doqnload and unzip our root tools;
- run Qfil;
- select “Flat Build”;
- choose the Programmer: “Browse”-> “prog_emmc_ufs_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf”;
- click on “Load XML” and select “rawprogram_unsparse.xml”, then “patch0.xml”;
- click “Download”;
- wait: QFIL will notify an error, it’s normal;
- reboot your phone;
- download MagiskManager;
- install and run the app.
Now your Smartisan Nut Pro 2 is rooted with Magisk!
If you want to roll back to stock ROM just flash this via Qfil!